Sending your kids off to college is never easy. Believe me, I know. It is hard when you are no longer there to take care of them and to make sure they are okay. If you are in the process of sending your loved one off to college then here are a few 25 College Dorm Must Haves that you don’t want them to leave home without.
**This post contains affiliate links.
- Sheets – Doing laundry in a dorm is nothing like doing it at home. Things happen, and you never know when you will need a little extra time on the laundry or when you will need a spare sheet for a friend.
2. Mattress Pad – Dorm room beds can be uncomfortable, and one thing you want to have the night before a day filled with classes is a good nights sleep. A good foam mattress pad can make that difference.
3. Fleece Blanket – Everyone enjoys a big fuzzy blanket to cuddle into. It is perfect for movie nights with friends as well as lonely nights when they are missing home.
4. Fan – Dorm rooms can get hot. Make sure your child has a way to beat the heat with a nice working fan!
5. Tool Set – Your kids won’t have their dad’s tools any more. However, there will still be times that they need them. With a set of their own they will be prepared for anything that comes up.
6. Command Hooks are a great way to decorate a room as well as organize some of your items without damaging the walls.
7. Mattress Protector’s are great. Not only to protect the mattress, but to help keep protect you from bacteria and such that might have been left behind from previous occupants.
8. Noise Cancelling Headphones are a must have because they will be able to help keep out all the excess dorm room noise. This will help to make your study times more productive!
9. One Line A Day Memory Book – College is a great time and something you won’t want to forget. These books are great because it is a way to record your memories and thoughts for a 5 year time span.
10. Disinfecting wipes – Dorm rooms are full of germs. Disinfecting wipes are a great way to help keep things clean.
11. Purchasing a First Aid Kit is a great way to make sure your child is prepared for anything that might arise.
12. Big Desk Calendar – There will be lots of dates to remember once you are out on your own. A calendar that you look at daily will help keep you more organized and help you to not miss deadlines.
13. Flip Flops will come in handy if you have a community shower!
14. Air Freshener spray Because… Well…Dorms….
15. Spare Phone Charger are always a good thing to have on hand.
16. Laundry Hamper, because you have to put your dirty laundry somewhere.
17. Mini Vacuum to help keep things clean.
18. Lint Rollers great way to help clothes to look great!
19. Bathrobes are a must if you have community showers. They also come in handy on lazy days!
20. Desk Lamp!
21. Flexible Power Strip – this will come in handy for study sessions with friends as well as gaming nights.
22. Portable Steamer
23. Drawer Divider
24. Desk Organizer – With a full load of classes things can get messy. Give your kiddos the gift of organization!
25. Snacks – College kids love to eat…and they are always broke. They will appreciate the snacks more then you will know.
What other items do you have on your College Dorm Must Haves List?
Related Post: Graduation Keepsake Boxes