- **This post contains affiliate links.
Peach season is one of the best times of the year, and it is finally here! As most of you know, most of the peaches froze this year, so peaches are not as plentiful as they were last year. However, you can still find them being sold in many local fruit stands and on some street corners. If you have not purchased any of them yet then I recommend you do so immediately. The peaches I’ve had have been so juicy and sweet this year. One of the ways we love to enjoy peaches in our house is to bake them into a tasty dessert. That is why I know you will love this recipe for Peach Pie Bars!
- 16 tbsp butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 lg eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups sliced fresh or canned/frozen peaches
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp peach juice
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with foil, allowing about 4-inches to hang over on the short ends. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray. This is used to help lift the pie from the pan when finished.
- Mix together butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating lightly after each addition. Add in extracts and mix until combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the dough mixture into prepared pan, spreading to edges and trying to keep the batter as even as possible.
- Prebake for approx. 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spread this mixture over the prebaked crust.
- Combine corn starch and sugar. Mix in peach juice. Fold peaches into this mixture. Spread peach mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining dough mixture across the surface of the peaches.
- Bake on center rack of oven for approx. 35-40 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
This is definitely the perfect, refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you are set! We hope you try out these amazing Peach Pie Bars and tell us what you think below!