**This post contains affiliate links.
The Fourth of July is right around the corner. It will sure be different without fireworks this year. This virus has sure ruined a lot of summer time plans. But luckily, it does not have to ruin everything. Although, with everything going on in the world, it may not seem like we have something to celebrate. I am here to say that we do. We are so blessed to live in the land of the free. To have this beautiful land around us to raise our families in. We may not be having a firework show here in the Valley but we still have something to celebrate. With that being said, I would love to share with you all my favorite Red Velvet 4th of July Cupcake Recipe!
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Whipped cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1-2 cup powdered sugar (personal preference)
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups heaving whipping cream
- Fresh blueberries for decorating
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Empty cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs, oil, milk, greek yogurt and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool completely before adding frosting.
Directions for whipped frosting
- With an electric mixer beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract.
- SLOWLY add heavy whipping cream and beat until fluffy.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with blueberries to complete your patriotic cupcakes!
These Red, White & Blue cupcakes are not only festive but they are tasty too. Defiantly the perfect 4th of July treat for this years celebration!